Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kiyoharu & Hyde on Vamps Halloween Night 2009

Basically this is the translation of a report I had come across regarding VAMPs' Helloween live last year (2009), that fateful Kiyoharu x HYDE night.

During the VAMPS session, HYDE talked about himself and Kiyoharu, and how they hadn't had the chance to meet up for many years.

HYDE: As for Kiyoharu-san, we hadn't met up with each other for 15 years, until the Jack in the Box Summer. Because we were/are both fans of Dead End, I invited him to come to this Helloween Live. Not that I hadn't tried to get into touch with him before. I did call him twice in the last 5 years. The first time was when I heard about a senpai having his numbers and I asked for them.

(Audiences: Who was it?)

HYDE: It was Paul-san. I tried the number, but no one answered it, then it was directed to voice mail. So I left a message for him, like this "Kiyoharu-san, this is HYDE, we haven't been in touch for a long time, so I called." But he never returned the call, I was worried, thinking whether he was angry with me. Then I called again around the time Kuroyume was reunited. This time it was being picked up so I said "This is HYDE." The response I received was a simple "Ah..." (like someone who didn't give a damn). I was shocked and feeling a little hurt. Then I realized Kiyoharu had most likely changed his numbers over the years. So if I started the call with "This is HYDE, are you Kiyoharu?" it would be treated as a prank call! *laughs himself silly* It was very easy to convince Kiyoharu to join us today, and he seems to be know more about how these events work then me (as in dressing for fan's total satisfaction) even though it is his first time.

(He couldn't be more right! Kiyoharu was totally in fan service mode. He wore 2 set of kimono that night, and was very willing to let the cloth sliding off from his shoulder from time to time)



(As for the little misunderstanding, HYDE did clarify with Kiyoharu's manager later. It turned out Kiyoharu had just changed his numbers around the first time HYDE tried to call him, so he wasn't able to get to his message.)

During the VAMPS & Kiyoharu session, they covered DEAD END's Decoy. It was very sweet how they finished the song together, completing each other very well, total in a very intimate world that only consisting of themselves.

The MC:

HYDE: So it has been 15 years since the last time we shared a same stage, right?
Kiyoharu: That's true.
HYDE: That was around the time we did those interviews (the infamous series of interviews published on SHOXX back on their indie days).
Kiyoharu: That GUSTANK cover is actually on youtube. It was the last time we sang together.
HYDE: Was it at Nagoya?
Kiyoharu: Or Osaka? It was so long ago since we last saw each other, I couldn't help but feeling panicked today.
HYDE: Even though we had no time to meet up, the LOVE BETWEEN US is still brewing the entire time. Let's go out and have a drink together, tonight.
Kiyoharu: OK!


HYDE: It was Kiyoharu's birthday yesterday, even though we are a day late, let's sing the birthday song for him together.
Audiences: (started singing together with HYDE. They knew this was going to take place because HYDE had a poster put outside the live house to inform them.)

HYDE looked deeply into Kiyoharu's eyes and concluded the song. Kiyoharu in his kimono, was looking extremely shy. A cake was pushed out on a trolley, but he didn't see at the first because he had his back to it. Then he turned out, saw it, and gave another shy smile.

Kiyoharu: I don't remember there was this particular scene during rehearsal.
HYDE: If you make a wish now, it will come true. So what is Kiyoharu's wish?
Kiyoharu: I wish for... *thought for a moment* I wish I would be able to sing with HYDE even when I reach 50.
HYDE: Any time you want to!

Then the 3 of them sang Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds together, throwing out candies from their Halloween bags. Kiyoharu even took off his hair accessory and threw it to the crowd. Just before they made for the exist, Kiyoharu and HYDE shared a sweet hug at the middle of the stage.





 This is the clips of Kiyoharu's perform that time, including a backstage footage.


Another update:
When Kiyoharu entered the stage dressed as a woman, the audience got crazy and very excited:

Audience: "Beautifuuuuul, seeeexy...."

Kiyoharu: "Good evening! It's possible there are also people here who don't know me. I am Kiyoharu".

* And then he began to present the members' costumes.

Kiyoharu:" Errr, well, just in case, I am a courtesan. The bass player and the heavy metal  guitarist are an evil governor of the Edo period and Dracula. At the drums we have a pirate"

Kiyoharu:" I am totally crazy about this hair. (Laughs)... The truth is that I wanted it to be as white as a Chinese cabbage, but there was not a good one, so I became this prostitute"

* Everybody in the venue seemed seduced by Kyoharu san.

Kiyoharu:"Yes, yes. Yesterday, I turned 41 years-old safely....."

* People began to chat and, at some point, the kimono he was wearing slipped over and his shoulder could be seen!! 

* I didn't mind whoever it was, girls and boys were all the same: 

Audience: " Kyaaaaaaaaa" (** the girls**) 

Audience: " Uohhhhhh" (**the boys**) 

Audience: " I’ll hold you ~~!!" (** the boys**). 

(**This expression is also an euphemist for "I’ll lay you down"** ) 

Audience: " Hold me~~~~!!" * The passionate sighs were all flying about~~~~ 

Kiyoharu: " What !? The VAMPS fans like such things?? (laughs)"

Kiyoharu: "This time, I received an email from hyde kun asking if I was free in the Halloween. And when I send the reply saying it was okay, he immediately replied saying I had to wear a costume.... Though I was a little nervous, I am glad I came. Actually, it's very funny. Thank you very much" 

Kiyoharu: " Yes, yes, here I also have a cigarette holder, but I had to prove it was nothing dangerous or something (laughs), so I lighted it. Look, this is tobacco". 

* He lights it and smokes.

* The audience screams just because of that~~~

* The reporter says that we'd try to imagine a courtesan like those seen in a movie. It's for some reason erotic the way he breathes in the smoke

Kiyoharu: “ (laughs) I guess this is what we call a death voice, isn't it? I don't feel I am at my live, so I am fresh"

* There were lots of covers, such as the famous song from "20th Century Boys" and "CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU".  And he also sang Nakamori Akina's "TATOO". 
*Before performing of that last one, he smoked once again and just that was extremely sexy... 
* In the middle of this song, though, he made a mistake. 

Kiyoharu: " Ohhhh, That's because I had no time. I'm sorry!! What we'll do?? I'm sorry, I had no time to practice it. Let's do it again since the beginning!" 

* And they immediately began to play again. The other song was of his, "SUNDAY". 
* The reporter says that Kiyoharu san looked rather sexy, showing off his tongue. She wonder that maybe the venue was entirely knocked out by his voluptuousness . 



Source: kimi-ni-hana

No comments:

Post a Comment